Quick Veal Marsala
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You thought tasty and easy couldn't be in the same recipe? This one proves that they can.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds veal cutlet, pounded to ½-inch thickness
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup Marsala or other dry red wine
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Coat the veal slices with the flour mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the oil. Sauté the veal slices for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, turning once. (Cook the veal in more than 1 batch, if necessary.) Remove the cooked veal to a platter and keep warm.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the skillet for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Return the veal to the skillet, add the wine, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes or until the sauce thickens and the veal is heated through.
You're probably wondering why you need to sauté in both olive oil and butter. Well, butter won't burn if it's mixed with oil, so that's how we can still enjoy its great flavor.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 380
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.8g 12 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 683mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.