Show stopping Stuffed Veal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This weekend, why not give your gang a treat - stuffed veal breast! It's a tasty centerpiece for your dinner table...a true show-stopper!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) breast of veal, with pocket for stuffing (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the veal breast into a large roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté the zucchini for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Prepare the stuffing mix according to the package directions. Add the zucchini to the stuffing; mix well. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the pocket of the veal breast; do not pack tightly. If any stuffing remains, bake separately in a small covered baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush the spice mixture evenly over the top of the veal and bake uncovered for 2 to 21/2 hours, or until the juices run clear and the meat is fork-tender.
Cutting a pocket into the veal breast is easy, but it's even easier for us when we ask the butcher to do it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to warm up your kitchen to cook this hot and hearty meal! Our BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes are made in your slow cooker, which makes this a great summertime recipe. This dish features juicy pork chops and plenty of potatoes cooked in your favorite barbecue sauce. It's a win no matter how you look at it!