So Stuffed Veal Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Veal rib chops are perfect for stuffing 'cause they're so plump and meaty. And when they're stuffed with cheese, like in these So Stuffed Veal Chops, it's like a double bonus.
What You'll Need
- 4 veal rib chops (2 to 2-1/4 pounds total), cut 1-inch thick
- 4 thin slices (2 ounces) Havarti cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
What to Do
- Using a sharp knife, make a pocket in each veal chop by cutting from the curved outer edge of each chop. (This isn't hard to do, but it's even easier to have your butcher do it.) Place a slice of cheese in each pocket and seal with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; rub into both sides of the chops.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and brown chops 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add wine, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until chops are cooked through. Serve with sauce from pan spooned over chops.
Havarti is a super cheese 'cause it's so mild, but if you'd like, you can try a sharp Cheddar, Swiss, or even an aged blue cheese instead.