Traditional Veal Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Veal is succulent and tender, and it's even better when it's been long-simmered in a stew. Try Traditional Veal Stew and see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds veal stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-1/2 ounces) can diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers (1 green, 1 red), cut into thin strips
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Lightly coat veal pieces with flour mixture; reserve remaining mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook veal 5 to 7 minutes, until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic, and reserved flour mixture to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, cover, and cook 30 minutes, or until veal is fork-tender.
It's nice to serve this hearty dish over cooked rice, and topped with grated cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.