We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In my original paprikash recipe I sautéed the meat in butter and oil. Here I eliminate them and brown the meat in a nonstick skillet. The tastes from the vegetables and spices keep this one a real winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds veal stew meat, well-trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14½ ounces) peeled whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Brown the veal in a nonstick soup pot over high heat, draining any excess liquid.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the tomatoes and their juice, the bay leaf, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
Serve this over warm cooked noodles for an all-in-one meal.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!