We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's my version of an Italian classic. Try adding either mushrooms or tomatoes, or both. You'll have everyone thinking you're a gourmet chef.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds veal cutlets, pounded to about 1/4-inch thick and cut into medallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine or sherry
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained (optional)
What to Do
- Season the medallions with the salt and pepper and place them in a shallow bowl. Pour the wine over the medallions and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour but no longer than 1-1/2 hours. Remove veal, reserving the wine.
- Dredge medallions in the flour. Heat the butter in a large skillet and brown the veal on both sides in batches.
- Return all the medallions to the skillet and add the broth, lemon juice, reserved wine, oregano, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with your favorite pasta.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.