We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fresh new idea for fresh-as-spring asparagus may make even your most finicky eaters new fans. With an Italian-style twist, this recipe for Asparagus Parmigiana is a can't-miss.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the dish. Place the asparagus in the sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup sauce.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
Note: This can also be made with a couple boxes of thawed, frozen asparagus spears instead of fresh; just reduce the baking time slightly.
If you loved this simple asparagus recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Amazing Recipes for Asparagus: 13 Baked Asparagus Recipes, Roasted Asparagus Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.