Asparagus and Goat Cheese Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say bye-bye to the boring salad of yesteryear because this new Asparagus and Goat Cheese Salad is in town and here to stay! Get ready for this one, everyone! It's a knock-out!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, torn
- 2 ounces goat cheese
What to Do
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well, and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, salt, and pepper in small bowl; add oil in a thin stream, whisking until blended. Pour dressing over asparagus; toss gently to coat.
- To serve, divide lettuce evenly among 6 individual salad plates. Spoon asparagus over lettuce; crumble cheese evenly over asparagus.
Spring's the season when delicate, pencil-thin asparagus are at their peak. Before you cook 'em, snap 'em! That is, hold a spear in one hand and snap off the tough end with the other hand; what's left will cook up oh-so-tender!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 223
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.9g 10 %
- Cholesterol 9.9mg 3 %
- Sodium 230mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.9g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!