Asparagus and Goat Cheese Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say bye-bye to the boring salad of yesteryear because this new Asparagus and Goat Cheese Salad is in town and here to stay! Get ready for this one, everyone! It's a knock-out!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, torn
- 2 ounces goat cheese
What to Do
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well, and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, salt, and pepper in small bowl; add oil in a thin stream, whisking until blended. Pour dressing over asparagus; toss gently to coat.
- To serve, divide lettuce evenly among 6 individual salad plates. Spoon asparagus over lettuce; crumble cheese evenly over asparagus.
Spring's the season when delicate, pencil-thin asparagus are at their peak. Before you cook 'em, snap 'em! That is, hold a spear in one hand and snap off the tough end with the other hand; what's left will cook up oh-so-tender!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 223
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.9g 10 %
- Cholesterol 9.9mg 3 %
- Sodium 230mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.9g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %