Asparagus with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Steal the hearts of the people gathered around your table with this knockout asparagus with a blue cheese vinaigrette dish! It's tummy-rubbin' good! Try as see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Ground white pepper
What to Do
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Add water to a medium skillet to depth of 1-inch, and bring to a boil. Add asparagus in a single layer; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus, and arrange on a serving plate.
- Combine oil and vinegar in a small bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Add cheese and chives; stir well. Pour vinegar mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper.
For the tenderest asparagus, select long slender spears. Hold the spear with both hands and snap off the tough end where it seems to break naturally. What's left will cook up nice and tender!