Autumn Creamed Spinach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need to add a veggie dish to your spread that everyone will actually eat? Try this simple creamed spinach recipe. Thanks to convenient, frozen chopped spinach, and a few simple add-ins, you can make Autumn Creamed Spinach at a moment's notice!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in the flour until combined and golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Two 10-ounce packages of fresh spinach can also be used; just chop and boil it until tender, then drain well and proceed as above.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 313
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 87 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 6.9g 14 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 469mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 1.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.