Baked Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our over-stuffed veggie Baked Stuffed Peppers are a super change-of-pace easy side dish. Colorful red and green bell peppers serve as tasty edible bowls for a stuffing that teams with any main dish.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or green bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup water
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over high heat, heat olive oil; saute onion and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened. Remove from heat and add tomato, parsley, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper; mix well.
Evenly fill each pepper half with mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then pour water into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden and tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 248
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.0g 10 %
- Cholesterol 1.1mg 0 %
- Sodium 442mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %