We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This 'Nawlins' inspired hearty one pot recipe for Shrimp Gumbo takes advantage of all the down in the Bayou seasonings and flavors. Turn it into a seafood style gumbo by simply alternating the shrimp for other seafood or fish.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, okra, and water and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
Wanna make this a complete meal? Just add 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp at the end, and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 204
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 2.5g 5 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 773mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.