Better Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Simple home-style food - you've got it in these baked beans. Ah-ha! Wait 'til you see how simple. It turns canned baked beans into a world of richness.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced cooked ham or smoked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in heavy syrup, drained with syrup reserved
- 2 (1-pound) cans pork and beans or vegetarian beans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, mustard, brown sugar, onion, pineapple, and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup.
- Spoon 1 can of beans into baking dish. Spoon pineapple mixture over beans; top with remaining can of beans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until brown and bubbly on top.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 264
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 14g 28 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 757mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.8g 35 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %