Black Eyed Peas con Queso
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Mexican dip is chock-full of beans, cheese, and everyone's vegetarian favorites.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf process cheese spread, cubed
- 5 jalapeno peppers, unseeded and chopped (see note)
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven; add onion and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add cheese, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it melts. Stir in peppers and peas; cook, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Serve with tortilla chips.
Bring good luck to your New Year with this spicy-hot dip that's brimming with cheese, jalapenos, and black-eyed peas. For more timid taste buds, you can tame the heat by seeding the jalapeno peppers before chopping them. Much of the heat hides in the seeds. Always wear rubber gloves when handling jalapenos, and keep your fingers away from your eyes for safety.