Black Eyed Peas con Queso
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Mexican dip is chock-full of beans, cheese, and everyone's vegetarian favorites.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf process cheese spread, cubed
- 5 jalapeno peppers, unseeded and chopped (see note)
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven; add onion and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add cheese, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it melts. Stir in peppers and peas; cook, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Serve with tortilla chips.
Bring good luck to your New Year with this spicy-hot dip that's brimming with cheese, jalapenos, and black-eyed peas. For more timid taste buds, you can tame the heat by seeding the jalapeno peppers before chopping them. Much of the heat hides in the seeds. Always wear rubber gloves when handling jalapenos, and keep your fingers away from your eyes for safety.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!