Black-Eyed Peas with a Kick
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dried peas and beans are perfect for slow cooking. Because they're cooked over a long time, they really soak up flavors from the other ingredients.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried black-eyed peas
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend, thawed
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Sort and wash peas; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover with water 2 inches above peas; let soak 8 hours. Drain and return peas to slow cooker.
- Combine butter and remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 hours or until desired degree of doneness.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.