Black-Eyed Peas with a Kick
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dried peas and beans are perfect for slow cooking. Because they're cooked over a long time, they really soak up flavors from the other ingredients.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried black-eyed peas
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend, thawed
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Sort and wash peas; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover with water 2 inches above peas; let soak 8 hours. Drain and return peas to slow cooker.
- Combine butter and remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 hours or until desired degree of doneness.