Bow Tie Vegetable Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cool idea for a summery pasta salad chock-full of good-for-you veggies is served warm! We use bow tie pasta, but any pasta can shape this one into a winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup light or other spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, place in a large bowl, and set aside. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and artichokes and saute over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender and no liquid remains. Stir in fresh tomato, sauce, cumin, salt, and black pepper and continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
- Add vegetable mixture to pasta and toss to mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.