We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Potato tots are great, but they're not the best idea for anyone following a diabetic diet. That's why we came up with a healthier version using broccoli. Our Broccoli Tots are perfect for snacking on or for serving alongside any of your favorite main dishes.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place broccoli in boiling water and blanche 2 minutes; drain well.
- Finely chop broccoli and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Shape about a heaping tablespoon of broccoli mixture into "tater tot" shape and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- This recipe is from our diabetic-friendly site, www.EverydayDiabeticRecipes.com.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 134
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 49mg 16 %
- Sodium 304mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have you ever thought of using your slow cooker to make baked ham? Well, it's about time you do. Our Slow-Cooked Orange Glazed Ham is an easy-to-follow recipe with superb results. Plus, your slow cooker does all the cooking, so you can go about fixin' up the rest of the meal with no worries.