Butternut Squash Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!
What You'll Need
- 5 cups shredded butternut squash (see Note)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, and egg; mix well. Add flour, salt, and pepper and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Place about 1/3 cup squash mixture into skillet for each fritter, pressing down lightly with a spatula. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Place on paper towel-lined platter and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining squash mixture.
- First, peel the butternut squash with a vegetable peeler, then use a hand grater or food processor to shred it.
- If you need a little help cutting your butternut squash, feel free to ask someone in the Produce Department of your grocery store. They will typically be able to cut the squash in half for you.
- Looking for more ways to cook with butternut squash? Click here to view Our Best Butternut Squash Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!