Butternut Squash Mash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your holiday go-alongs wouldn't be complete without this easy Butternut Squash Mash. Our flavorful recipe fits all your feasts perfectly from Thanksgiving through Christmas. But it doesn't have to be a holiday for you to enjoy this creamy side dish. Whip up this butternut squash recipe on any fall day and you'll be hearing "ooh"s and "aah"s all around the dinner table. What's not to love about an easy fall side dish as rich and creamy as this?
What You'll Need
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place squash on baking sheet and bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted into squash. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise; scoop out the seeds and discard. Using a spoon, remove the flesh and place in a casserole dish. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat at a later time.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 278
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.8g 10 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 280mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.4g 37 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.