We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Onion blossoms are a classic, but did you know that you can create an equally flavorful version with cauliflower? This easy dish has a crispy crust surrounding the tender vegetable, making Cauliflower Blossom a perfect holiday side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, dill, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a soup pot, bring 1/2 inch water to a boil. Place whole trimmed cauliflower stem-side down in pot. Cover and steam over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender, then carefully remove it to prepared baking dish. Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Cover top of cauliflower with bread crumb mixture, pressing it onto cauliflower so it sticks. Spray entire cauliflower with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until crumbs are lightly browned and cauliflower is fork-tender.
It's nice to serve your Cauliflower Blossom with extra butter for dipping.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 129
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 317mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.4g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.