We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whats the secret ingredient in our recipe for Classic Carrots? Believe it or not, its tomato soup! Serve this flavorful carrot go-along with any of your favorite main dishes and reap the tasty rewards!
What You'll Need
- 5 cups frozen sliced carrots (see Note)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add carrots and cook just until crisp-tender; drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine onion and bell pepper. Add sugar, soup, oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Add carrots and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight. Drain marinade and serve.
A 20-ounce bag of carrots is about 3 cups. And, even easier? Use canned carrots – then there’s no cooking needed, just draining and mixing.
If you loved this easy carrot recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Carrot Recipes: 12 Baby Carrot Recipes, Cooked Carrot Recipes & More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!