We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The colonists may have had just as much trouble as we do getting the kids to eat spinach! So, how'd they do it? Probably something like this.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach, trimmed, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, brown the onion in the butter over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
Here's a tip for easier cooking: add half the spinach at a time. When the first half cooks down a bit, add the remaining spinach.