The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Tasty, Easy Vegetable Recipes: 35 Vegetable Side Dishes, Dinners, and More
Corn, Okra, and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
This dish is fresh, fresh, FRESH and so, so yummy! Corn Okra and Tomatoes are a great combo for a dish full of texture, flavor, and ooh it's so good!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 2-1/2 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until tender, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add corn kernels, okra, salt, and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- Raid your garden or the corner market for this savory summer side dish. And remember, the fresher the better when you're making a veggie dish such as this. Vegetables lose flavor and nutrients when they sit in the fridge!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cake doesn't just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it's going to be easy. We're sure you're going to love it!