We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A friend of the Test Kitchen, Sherry Gore, shared this special recipe with us that she would make with her children when they were growing up. The perfect warm-weather recipe, Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes, is our favorite way to use up the bountiful harvest from our summer garden!
What You'll Need
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp or save for another purpose. Sprinkle salt inside each tomato, then invert on paper towels to drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into tomatoes and place in an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 167
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 6.2g 12 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 374mg 16 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 8.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!