Country Style Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Weeknight side dishes don't have to be boring, not when they can be exciting like these country-style green beans! In just a few minutes, bacon and a couple other ingredients make plain frozen green beans spectacular!
What You'll Need
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen green beans, thawed
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp, stirring often. Remove bacon and onion with a slotted spoon, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in skillet. Drain bacon and onion on paper towels, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and sugar; pour into drippings in skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and cook over medium-high heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon into a serving dish; top with bacon and onion.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 213
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 255mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!