We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Time to giddyap, partner. You'll be all set to take on the rodeo after tasting the flavors in our easy side dish recipe for Cowboy Beans. Using two different kinds of beans and adding bacon and barbecue sauce, among other ingredients, this southwestern recipe is sure to make a statement at your next backyard barbecue. Plus, it cooks up in about 10 minutes, so it's easy enough to prepare at the last minute.
What You'll Need
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over low heat until crisp, turning occasionally.
- Remove the cooked bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Remove and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from the skillet.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic to the skillet; cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in kidney and pinto beans, barbecue sauce, and brown sugar. Crumble bacon and return it to the skillet.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 257
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.2g 18 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 793mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.1g 32 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a holiday stuffing recipe that'll surely "shape up" your spread and get you lots of "oohs" and "aahs." Our Bundt Pan Stuffing is fancy looking and downright delicious. It's a homemade stuffing that'll be talked about all year long!