Cracker Onion Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Half dip, half side dish, our Cracker Onion Pie is a favorite no matter how you serve it! With a crispy cracker crust, and a cheesy onion filling, you can bet that this pie won't be left untouched!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in remaining 1/4 cup butter 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Carefully pour onion mixture into crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well beaten; slowly pour over onions. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and center is set. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Check This Out!
- We like to use Vidalia onions in this pie for an unbeatable sweet onion flavor!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).