Creamy Spinach Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for the perfect potluck side dish that'll complement just about any meal? That's what you've got with this side dish casserole recipe for Creamy Spinach Bake. This is one of our favorite recipes to whip up when we're bringing something to the local church supper, but it's great for just about any big event, whether you're going to a backyard celebration or just a family dinner. Plus, the casserole dish makes it super easy to transport.
What You'll Need
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes cereal, crushed to 1-1/2 cups, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, well beaten
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove 2 tablespoons to a large bowl; mix and set aside for topping. Stir the onion, flour, and salt into the butter remaining in the pan. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cheese, stirring until slightly melted. Stir in the spinach, eggs, and 3/4 cup cereal.
- Spread the mixture in a 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle the reserved cereal topping over the spinach mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until heated through.
If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 329
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 74 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 158mg 53 %
- Sodium 445mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 5.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.