Easy Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stuffed Peppers are a great all-in-one dinner dish. This version is full of protein and easy enough to make even after a tiring day of work.
What You'll Need
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound brown and serve turkey or beef sausage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated light variety Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 4 green, red or yellow bell peppers, halved and cleaned
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blanch the peppers and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute the onion in olive oil until just softened. Add sausage and saute until browned.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; add bread crumbs, cheese and egg and mix well. Cut peppers lengthwise then stuff with the sausage mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers into a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Feel free to add your own favorite touch of fennel, cayenne pepper, chili powder or garlic.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 447
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 7.8g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 29g 59 %
- Cholesterol 95mg 32 %
- Sodium 1,548mg 65 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %