We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic meatless main dish is an Italian delight. With only 4 ingredients, Eggplant Parmesan will be a perfect meal for anyone and everyone.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-1/2-pound) eggplant, peeled if desired (see note)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Layer half of eggplant, half of Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella, and half of spaghetti sauce in a lightly greased 7-inch by 11-inch baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Uncover, top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
When buying eggplant, choose one that's firm, smooth-skinned, and heavy for its size. You should peel eggplant that's very ripe 'cause the skin may be tough, but the skin of young eggplant is tender and delicious. Serve Eggplant Parmesan as a meatless main dish or as a side dish.
- Looking for more tasty recipes with eggplant? Click here to check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes: 17 Simple Recipes with Eggplant.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 332
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 65mg 22 %
- Sodium 1,079mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16 %
- Sugars 7.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!