Eggplant Parmesan Express
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We tend to think any eggplant dish is bound to be a winner and this Eggplant Parmesan Express is quite indicative of that! We love this dish and you and those around your table will, too!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs (store-bought)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1-1/2-pound) eggplant, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 (1-1/2-ounce) slices mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Thinly spread mayonnaise on each side of eggplant slices; dip both sides of eggplant in crumb mixture. Reserve remaining crumb mixture.
- Place eggplant on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Place browned eggplant slices in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Pour half of spaghetti sauce over slices; top with mozzarella cheese. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over cheese; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Look for eggplants that are firm with smooth skin and no blemishes. They become bitter with age, so be sure to buy ones with bright green stem ends. Store in a cool, dry place and use within a few days of purchase.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 269
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 25 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 1,132mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars 9.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.