English Pea Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a spin-off of a Southern recipe that got its influence from English settlers.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15-ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the soup, peas, water chestnuts, pimientos, and onion.
- Spoon into an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crushed crackers and butter; mix well and sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and the topping is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!