Florida Glazed Carrots and Parsnips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These tasty vegetables have been kissed with the taste of Florida sunshine. They're glazed with a delicious topping that uses a special ingredient to make our Florida Glazed Carrots and Parsnips out-of-this-world delicious!
What You'll Need
- 6 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium-sized parsnips, peeled and diagonally sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about of a large orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, cook the carrots in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes; add the parsnips and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Drain the water and add the remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and evenly glazed, tossing occasionally.
This can be made without the parsnips if you'd prefer all carrots. Just adjust the cooking time to cook all the carrots until almost tender, then drain and continue as above.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 273
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 130mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 10g 40 %
- Sugars 30g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.