We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a way to turn your favorite veggie standards into a hearty main dish. It's an all-vegetable version of meat loaf. And it's so simple, you might wanna make two or three so you can have them on hand in the freezer.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil. Grease foil.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, celery, carrots, green pepper, walnuts, bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, and dillweed. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and eggs until smooth.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into vegetable mixture until well mixed; pour mixture into prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in pan about 15 minutes, then invert loaf and remove foil. Place right-side up on a serving platter and serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to use; reheat before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 484
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 33g 51 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 773mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 21 %
- Sugars 8.3g 0 %