We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a way to turn your favorite veggie standards into a hearty main dish. It's an all-vegetable version of meat loaf. And it's so simple, you might wanna make two or three so you can have them on hand in the freezer.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil. Grease foil.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, celery, carrots, green pepper, walnuts, bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, and dillweed. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and eggs until smooth.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into vegetable mixture until well mixed; pour mixture into prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in pan about 15 minutes, then invert loaf and remove foil. Place right-side up on a serving platter and serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to use; reheat before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 484
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 33g 51 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 773mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 21 %
- Sugars 8.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.