We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cabbage recipes have got to be some of the best ones around. Not only are they tasty, but they're usually pretty easy on the wallet, and we always love that! Our easy recipe for Garlicky Cabbage is sure to catch your attention because of its simplicity. Using only six ingredients, this is a recipe we like to pull out at the last minute when we're trying to find a vegetable casserole recipe to bring to our neighborhood potluck event or to throw together before dinner.
What You'll Need
- 1 small cabbage about 2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon coarse or kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove outside leaves and stalk from cabbage; cut cabbage into 4 wedges.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Add cabbage to skillet, cut sides down; cook 5 minutes. Turn to other cut sides, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in broth, and sprinkle evenly with salt. Transfer cabbage mixture to a 7- x 11-inch baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender, Sprinkle evenly with pepper. Serve immediately.
Look for green and red cabbage year-round in the grocery store. Both can be used interchangeably in recipes. Select spheres that are heavy for their size with firmly packed, fresh-looking leaves.