Glazed Carrots and Parsnips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Any dish that's delicious and nutritious works for us and these Glazed Carrots and Parsnips certainly fit the bill!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled (about 4)
- 1/2 pound parsnips, peeled (about 6)
- 2 tablespoons dried currants (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Cut carrots and parsnips into 1/4-inch by 2-inch strips.
- Cover carrots and parsnips with water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, adding currants, if desired, during the last 2 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; stir in mustard, honey, and salt until blended. Stir in carrot mixture, and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Carrots are available year-round and are a great source of vitamin A. Look for firm, smooth carrots with a deep orange color-avoid those with cracks. Generally, 1 pound of carrots equals about 3 cups chopped or sliced, or about 2-1/2 cups shredded.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.