Green Beans Amandine
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cooking fresh veggies in chicken broth is the easiest way to guarantee that they'll be packed with lots of juicy flavor. It's one of those little secrets restaurants don't rush to tell us, but that offers results we're sure to enjoy.
What You'll Need
- 1 ¾ cup ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and return to a boil; cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the green beans and set aside in the colander.
- Melt the butter in the soup pot and add the almonds and pepper; sauté over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the almonds are golden.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat well; serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 206
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 7.8g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.9g 10 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 315mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %