Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This colorful vegetable medley makes a side dish as beautiful as it is tasty. Serve Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes with your meat or fish and see what the guests think!
What You'll Need
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 2 cups light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place sweet potato sticks, onions, brown sugar, lemon juice, and sherry cooking wine; toss gently.
- Bake 25 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and add green beans, ground cloves, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly.
- Return baking dish to oven and cook 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Holland House.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.