Green Beans on the Side
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Greek cooking uses lots of fresh beans, and they're often the focus of the meal. I like them, too, but I prefer these as a flavorful side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the beans are tender.
No fresh green beans available? Shucks! But don't worry...you can still make this recipe by substituting two 10-ounce packages of frozen cut green beans. Just thaw and drain them and cut down the simmering time to 8 to 10 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.