Green Beans with Spiced Walnuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Green beans always taste that much better with a little bit of a crunch, don't they? Well our easy side dish recipe for Green Beans with Spiced Walnuts put a different spin on that classic combination by adding a few important spices to really give the flavor an extra boost. It cooks up in under 20 minutes too, making it simple enough to whip together alongside your main course any time during the week.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed (see note)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
What to Do
- Add water to a large saucepan to a depth of 1 inch; set a large vegetable steamer in pan. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add green beans to steamer. Steam green beans, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Add broth; cook 2 minutes or until broth is reduced by half. Stir in green beans, tossing well to coat.
To save prep time, use a bag of pretrimmed fresh green beans. You'll find 'em in the produce section.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
No game day bash is complete without a platter stacked high with chicken wings, and our recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings is a flavor-packed winner. Coated with a to-die-for lemon pepper sauce, these homemade chicken wings are like nothing you've ever had before.