Grilled Caramelized Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If Dad makes these onions for you while wearing his "Kiss the Cook" apron, don't worry! They get beautifully mellow and perfectly caramelized from cooking for awhile in the honey.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium onions, cut in half
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, honey, and salt; mix well. Add the onions then mix well and place on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and seal tightly.
- Place seam side up on the grill rack and cook for 20 to 22 minutes, or until tender and caramelized, carefully turning halfway through the cooking. Carefully open the foil, remove the caramelized onions, and serve hot.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!