Grilled Portobello "Steaks"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The vegetarian version of a juicy, delicious steak - but we promise they'll be a big hit even for those who aren't vegetarians because they are so flavorful.
What You'll Need
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms (about 3 to 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do
- Clean mushrooms and cut stems off near the caps. Reserve stems for other uses. Place mushroom caps, gill side up, on a plate. Combine olive oil and remaining 4 ingredients. Spoon oil mixture evenly into gills of each mushroom. Cover and chill if not grilling immediately.
- Preheat the grill. Place mushrooms, gill side up, on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat (300 degrees to 350 degrees) 4 minutes. Turn mushrooms; grill, covered, 4 minutes or just until tender.
These big chunky portobellos grill up almost like a steak! Slice 'em up with a knife and fork as a side dish or top 'em with provolone cheese and turn 'em into a "beefy" burger with or without the bun as a main dish. You can grill 'em immediately after you douse them in the oil mixture if you don't have time for chilling.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.