Grilled Portobello "Steaks"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The vegetarian version of a juicy, delicious steak - but we promise they'll be a big hit even for those who aren't vegetarians because they are so flavorful.
What You'll Need
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms (about 3 to 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do
- Clean mushrooms and cut stems off near the caps. Reserve stems for other uses. Place mushroom caps, gill side up, on a plate. Combine olive oil and remaining 4 ingredients. Spoon oil mixture evenly into gills of each mushroom. Cover and chill if not grilling immediately.
- Preheat the grill. Place mushrooms, gill side up, on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat (300 degrees to 350 degrees) 4 minutes. Turn mushrooms; grill, covered, 4 minutes or just until tender.
These big chunky portobellos grill up almost like a steak! Slice 'em up with a knife and fork as a side dish or top 'em with provolone cheese and turn 'em into a "beefy" burger with or without the bun as a main dish. You can grill 'em immediately after you douse them in the oil mixture if you don't have time for chilling.