Grilled Veggie Kebabs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 skewers
- 55 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
If there's a choice between chips and veggies, you know which the kids are gonna pick. But kids and kebabs just seem to go together, so if you're expecting a big bunch for the holiday weekend, serve up your veggies this clever and colorful way, and the kids of all ages will be drawn to them, for sure!
What You'll Need
- 10 (10-inch) metal or wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 20 chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 20 chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 20 chunks
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Alternately thread 2 chunks each of the yellow squash, onion, and zucchini onto each skewer.
- Place in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the vegetables. Marinate for 30 minutes, turning halfway through the marinating.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fork-tender, basting occasionally with the marinade.
If you prefer to broil instead of grill, just preheat the broiler and broil for 12 to 15 minutes, turning and basting halfway through the cooking.