Homestyle Black Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If early Southwesterners had had indoor stoves and canned beans, they'd have loved them for making Homestyle Black Beans, a favorite dish that used to be simmered for hours over the fire. These don't cook that long, but they taste like it!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans packed in water, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute pepper and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pepper is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Be sure to remove bay leaves before serving. Serve immediately.
Black beans are typically served over cooked white or yellow rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!