Honey Baked Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a good recipe to prepare for company. For one thing, tomatoes go with anything! And second, we can get a jump on the preparation. The crumb topping can be made a day ahead. Then we can prepare and bake the tomatoes about an hour before serving time and just keep them warm in a 200-degree oven. What could be easier!
What You'll Need
- 8 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 white bread sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place tomato slices in a single layer in a lightly greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with honey, spreading honey into hollows of tomato slices.
- Process bread in a food processor or blender until finely crumbled. Stir together breadcrumbs, tarragon, and next 2 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over tomato slices. Dot with butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until tomato skins begin to wrinkle. Increase oven temperature to Broil. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.