Honey Baked Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a good recipe to prepare for company. For one thing, tomatoes go with anything! And second, we can get a jump on the preparation. The crumb topping can be made a day ahead. Then we can prepare and bake the tomatoes about an hour before serving time and just keep them warm in a 200-degree oven. What could be easier!
What You'll Need
- 8 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 white bread sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place tomato slices in a single layer in a lightly greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with honey, spreading honey into hollows of tomato slices.
- Process bread in a food processor or blender until finely crumbled. Stir together breadcrumbs, tarragon, and next 2 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over tomato slices. Dot with butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until tomato skins begin to wrinkle. Increase oven temperature to Broil. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve warm.