Honey Orange Parsnips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet and crisp, Honey Orange Parsnips will be a perfect veggie go-along with any meal.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound parsnips, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
What to Do
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add parsnips; cover and cook 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Return parsnips to pan; add butter and remaining ingredients, stirring gently until butter melts. Place pan over medium heat, and cook, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes or until parsnips are glazed, stirring occasionally.
Honey and orange lend a sweet-tangy flavor to this slightly sweet vegetable that looks like a white carrot. Slice parsnips and prepare 'em just like carrots. In fact, if parsnips aren't available, you can use carrots in this recipe, if you'd like.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 239
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 7.4g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 119mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.5g 30 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.