Hungarian Snap Peas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Grandma would have loved having the conveniences we have in our kitchens today! So, in her honor, we should enjoy using shortcuts like the ones in this recipe -- the bacon bits and frozen snap peas.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas, thawed (see Note)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, and saute onion until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add bacon bits and continue to saute for 1 more minute.
- Add snap peas and cook, mixing frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until peas are heated through.
- Add sour cream, paprika, salt, and pepper, and mix until well heated. Serve immediately.
If you'd like, you can use green beans in place of the sugar snap peas.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.