Italian Spaghetti Squash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not let your garden (or supermarket produce department!) supply your main dish? It can be so abundant - or, as they say in Italy, abbondante!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) light spaghetti sauce
What to Do
- Fill a soup pot with 1 of inch water and place the squash in the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium-sized saucepan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray, cook the zucchini, onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the spaghetti sauce and stir to blend; continue cooking until warmed through.
- When the squash is tender, remove it to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Cut the squash in half lengthwise then use a soup spoon to remove and discard the seeds. Scrape the inside of the squash with a fork, shredding it into noodle-like strands. Add the strands to the sauce and stir until thoroughly mixed and heated through. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.