Italian Stuffed Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Italian Stuffed Tomatoes are the stuff that cooks' dreams are made of! You'll be the top tomato in your house when you serve this hearty yet healthy baked stuffed tomato side dish that tastes downright terrific!
What You'll Need
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Italian-flavored bread crumbs
What to Do
- Cut the top off each tomato; with a spoon, scoop out and discard most of the pulp and seeds. Brush outsides of tomato shells with 1 tablespoon oil; place tomatoes in a microwave-safe dish.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook for about 4 minutes, until it starts to brown, stirring constantly. Stir in garlic and red pepper, and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in beans and bring to a boil; stir in 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Fill each tomato shell with bean mixture, dividing evenly.
- In a cup, combine bread crumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle over tomatoes. Lightly cover and microwave on high power until tomatoes are tender but still retain their shape, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, and serve.
These stuffed tomatoes make great appetizers or go-alongs for grilled steak, chicken, or fish.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 261
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 23 %
- Cholesterol 4.4mg 1 %
- Sodium 411mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.9g 36 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!