Italian Tomato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Italian herbs and seasonings bring out all of the fresh flavors in this tomato salad - and in only 5 minutes! This salad just became your new best friend.
What You'll Need
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil (see note below)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Arrange tomatoes in a 9- x 13-inch dish.
- Stir together garlic and remaining 7 ingredients. Pour over tomato slices. Serve with slices of crusty Italian bread, if desired.
Try this easy way to shred fresh basil: Roll the leaves up together in a bundle and snip 'em with kitchen shears. Kitchen shears are the perfect tool for snipping all sorts of herbs, chopping canned tomatoes right in the can, or trimming the skin and fat from chicken and meat.